Sunday, April 08, 2007

Matzah for everyone!!!!

With the spring comes my least favorite tribal holiday...Passover. Now don't get me wrong, the story behind the holiday is pretty rad when you think of biblical epics but I'm not down with the cardboard aka Matzah. A huge part of the holiday is called the Seder, this is when everyone gathers together over dinner and recounts the story of the Exodus from Egypt. Like I said, a very deep and meaningful story. This year, like all years in recent memory, we went to our good friend's the Mo's house. The Mo's are like family to me and I was thrilled to hear that the newest Mo would be brining her family cause they are all great folk too. Good times and good eats and even the people I don't have a liking for were relatively well behaved.
I brought a dessert for all to enjoy. A hard feat during this holiday because of the dietary restrictions related to the holiday. For all you goyem out there. Since my people were fleeing from Egypt there was no time to bake or cook food to prepare for the trip. In remembrance of this, we do not partake of anything leavened, no flour, no grains...etc. Thus baking typically involves many many many eggs and many many many visions of a heart attack on a plate. To avoid this, i make a cheesecake with low fat products and make a crust out of coconut macaroons. Nice lil cheat, don't ya think? Anywho, during dessert Jen once again mentioned that I could sell my wares. Now given that i'm not entirely thrilled with my latest career path, I have seriously started thinking about this. I priced out some shipping materials and decorating things while frame shopping at Michaels and AC Moore and i think it is totally doable. Now all i need is a name. Suggestions are welcome and when I have a list of 10 I shall post it and allow the voting to commence. Then the world shall be able to enjoy Taryn's Tasty Treats :)

The other thing I couldn't help but notice at Seder were the wedding pictures all around the house. I felt very proud that several of the framed and prominently placed were pictures were ones that I had personally taken! Very flattering. The next time I get some unexpected cash, I think i'll finally go and get that SLR camera I've been wanting and take a class. I keep getting emails from digital photography courses that I had contacted about new classes and locations and it could be very convenient once I get my act together.

Today is Easter. I know this is a big deal to the Christian world but I guess I still don't understand why it is that the only two days that everything is closed fall on the holiest of Christian holidays. Surely, there are enough employees of non-Christian faith that could keep the shoppes up and running. Ah well, guess that just forces me into doing some hard core cleaning that I've been avoiding for weeks.

Got an email from this GS Breeder today. He is desperately trying to sell his last male puppy before another litter arrives. This new litter's arrival is imminent. So soon that dude has already knocked off $700 from the first quote he gave me. Sounds somewhat fishy to me, but i guess the cold weather prevented people from grabbing them all. Of course the last time we got the last pup left in a litter it worked out very well, but the price is still a bit over what i'm willing to spend right now. Plus, i'm still not entirely sure i'm ready

I have finally caught up in my movie watching. I'm not so capable of Karpian reviews though so I will not attempt to provide a review because I'd bore you all to tears. At least those of you that are still reading...but now I have seen The Departed, Blood Diamond, Rocky Balboa, and The Holiday.

Lastly, once again I was not the lucky lotto winner so I must continue working at my job and probably not be able to blog as regularly. Partly because the site is blocked and partly cause I don't have as much free time at work as I used to. I'll try to keep it up better than I have been.

4 weeks til san fran

5 comments:

YanYan said...

Yeah! I can't wait for you to help me plan this party:)
Anyways- I really enjoyed this post. I was just wondering who were the ones you were not fond of at dinner... hmmmm! Has my mind running marathons right now.

Taryn, I think you are right. I think you should take some Taryn time right now before rushing into another dog. It is a relationship. It is not healthy to rush into another one so soon. Take some time out for you... It is all about TDawg presently.... Be a little selfish for once:)

JJ ZIGGLES said...

i agree. .don't get another dog yet.. it's too soon. find some other way to fill the void... it won't be fair to the dog, b/c he'd just be a means to your ends.

I like "Taryn's Tasty Treats". Has a nice ring to it. I could be on your payroll as taste tester. Or you could pay me to sample the competition and report on my findings.

JJ ZIGGLES said...

i agree. .don't get another dog yet.. it's too soon. find some other way to fill the void... it won't be fair to the dog, b/c he'd just be a means to your ends.

I like "Taryn's Tasty Treats". Has a nice ring to it. I could be on your payroll as taste tester. Or you could pay me to sample the competition and report on my findings.

Jon said...

Yeah, I'm with you. Passover sucks, but the Mo's are good people.

Wow, so you like my movie reviews? Thanks! Any of those movies worth watching? (aside from Departed, which I know was awesome.)

TDawg said...

Blood Diamond was depressing but good, you would hate the holiday and Rocky was surprisingly decent